- I’m not so stupid as to swallow that obvious lie!
- It’s important to decide what you want to do as early as possible.
- But try to find a profession you’ll enjoy doing.
- Is anyone interested in hearing the latest sales results?
- We look forward to hearing from you.
Always gerund (verb+ ING) after a preposition
- He wants me to investigate customer reaction.
- They’d better send us their reply asap.
- We’d rather spend the PR budget to sponsorship.
Base form (DO) after had better & would rather
- Before you close the file don’t forget to save it.
10.I remember seeing that technique used back in the 1970s.
Remember TO DO = n’oubliez pas de faire, I remember DOING = je me souviens d’avoir fait
11.I wish they’d stop criticizining. We’re doing the best we can.
12.We need you to rewrite the copy for us.
The text of advertisements is called ‘copy’ (indénombrable)